Announcing our Science Editorial Team!

Announcing our new Science Editorial Team!  I’m overjoyed at both the response to our call for science input as well as the team we have now as a result! Both the undestanding of science, and especially the respect for evidence,…

Read more

Another Opportunity to bring Joy to Kids, with “Stardust Explores the Solar System”!

Now we have another opportunity.  The success of “My Name is Stardust”, including radio shows and worldwide recognition has led to a second edition, “Stardust Explores the Solar System”, which has a kickstarter campaign being launched today! 

Read more

Pagan with a small “p”

For every gem of genuine ecological wisdom I have found in the Pagan community, there is a deluge of crystals and correspondences, divinities and divination apps, wizards and wishful thinking. Maybe it’s time to face up to the fact that, while I am spiritually and religiously “pagan” with a small-p, culturally I am not a capital-P “Pagan”.

Read more

5 Ways Paganism Needs to Grow Up

It’s time for Paganism as a whole to grow up. If we don’t, as a community, mature beyond the first stage of spiritual development, then we will continue to only attract people who are in the first stage of spiritual development, and we will only keep them for as long as they are in that first stage. When they make the transition to the second stage, they will leave Paganism.

Read more

Raising the Flame Stone: Stones Rising, Four Quarters Interfaith Ceremony, Part 2 by Moine Michelle

I’m still looking at the stone when I hear the voices of the main ritualists begin to raise in a song. I cannot really hear the words. I catch snippets—something about the land. Something about belonging to the land and to each other. I let the singing, the voices wash over me—through me—around me. I cannot take my eyes from the stone as the current raises and turns raw.

And, like that, I am opened. I surrender to it.

Read more

Raising the Flame Stone: Stones Rising, Four Quarters Interfaith Ceremony, Part 1 by Moine Michelle

The enormous “Flame Stone,” a 4-ton and 22-foot slab of red, brown, and gray sand stone, is the 53rd stone to be raised at Four Quarters. Set in the North, the Flame Stone is the first stone of a larger interior circle that will take another ten years to build.

Read more